OFFICE OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ADMINISTRATION)
The Executive Director’s Office is under the immediate Supervision of the Vice Chancellor and is ultimately responsible to the Council.
The main function of this office is to provide service and support to teaching and learning at the Institution. It is required, among other responsibilities, to make sure that the operations of the University run smoothly by facilitating.
- the recruitment of appropriately qualified academic and administrative staff;
- the provision of student welfare services;
- the representation of the University in all legal matters;
- the provision of effective support services (cleaning, security, e.t.c.) and Supervision of concerned personnel;
- the control of expenditure working closely with Bursar’s Office;
- the organisation of University ceremonies; and
- Compliance with laws, polices and regulations of the University and Country.
The Registrar’s Office reports directly to the Vice Chancellor and is ultimately responsible to the council.
This Office primarily offers service and support to the academic activities including;
- Student’s recruitment and admissions;
- Registration of students;
- Management of examinations
- Processing and release of examination results;
- Acting on Senate resolutions;
- Keeping of students ‘records ;
- Preparations of materials and certificates for graduation ceremonies;
- Providing Secretaries for the various academic boards and committees ; and
- Working with the Marketing Officer in projecting a good public image of the institution.
The Officer of Bursar is under the immediate control and supervision of the Vice Chancellor. It is ultimately accountable to the Council for actions.
Among other responsibilities, it is expected to:
- Ensure the implementation of approved financial policies and regulations in the Bursary;
- Compile the University budget for presentation to the Finance Committee and Council;
- Facilitate the work of internal and external auditions;
- Monitor and control procurement of goods and services; and
- Keep clear financial/accounting record of the University.