Computer Science Department
The Department of Computer (CS) cultivates competent Computer Scientists through profound academic theories and practical methods. It provides a high quality of education by through a curriculum for an information and technology-based society, and focuses on experiments and hands on experience to enhance the expertise of students.
The Department of Computer (CS) aims to foster leaders with practical knowledge and expertise, and pursues the following education goals to cultivate high-quality human resources possessing scientific creativity and compassion thereby;
- Equipping students with true heart and mind toward our truly God, Jesus, and our neighbours.
- Educating pioneering and creative students in information technology (IT) to lead in an information and knowledge-based society.
- Educating creative engineers with talent in IT to be pioneers in related knowledge and technology.
- Developing students’ abilities to solve problems for the benefit of highly industrialized societies.
- Meeting the diverse and complicated labour demands of modern society by educating talented information and communication engineers to solve problems comprehensively in the related fields of academics, technology, economy and culture.
- Educating dedicated people who serve the local community with professional ethics and sense of responsibility.
- Nurturing talented individuals who set long-term goals and dedicate themselves to not only local, but also nation interests with a sense of responsibility and community.
In order to meet its educational goals, the programs of the Department Computer Science (CS) specializes and focus on practical knowledge and technology, through which the graduates receive great recognition from the industry and lead IT-related industries. Students are trained and geared to be self-sufficient, encouraged to be innovative and look for ICT opportunities as leaders in start-up companies. In order to foster a great number of competent software engineers and scientists, our educational programs focus on the following:
- Practical Experience: The faculty provides students with extensive experience and presentations skills through participation in team projects to ultimately proceed into national and corporate laboratories, universities and industries and to greatly contribute to the development of Swaziland’s national IT industry.
- Creativity: The faculty trains talented individuals to use creativity and originality and develops the spirit to venture towards the future with the aspiration of contributing to the nation’s prosperity.
- Comprehensive Insight: To nurture talented individuals with skills to easily adapt to the increasingly sophisticated and diverse paradigm of technology by reinforcing graduates ‘ capability to link information and communication engineering to a variety of basic and applied areas.
- Thinking Globally: To foster professionals who possess a global perspective and sense of international competitiveness through internationalization of education and technology.
Bachelor of Computer Science
The Bachelor of Computer Science degree is designed to cater for the needs of high school students; wishing to pursue studies in computer engineering. Courses offered in the bachelor degree program provide adequate competencies that provide sufficient preparation for computer software engineer.
Summary of Program Structure
The Bachelor of Computer Science degree is of four years’ duration organized in eight semesters. Courses offered are drawn from Liberal Arts and Computer Programming Courses, Computer System Courses, Computer Network Technology, Mobile Programming